In this podcast, Voicebot.ai’s Bret Kinsella talks with Jeff McMahon, Voicify’s CEO about how voice – and chat bots – can be used by enterprise marketers. Here are some of the points made:
1. Try to think of voice as a way to unlock existing content. Companies tend to have a lot of content buried deep on their sites that aren’t discovered much. Or maybe even not that deep but tend to be the kind of companies whose sites aren’t visited (eg. utilities & customers researching their usage).
2. We all will soon enough be digging into dynamic content more easily because voice is so frictionless. For example, the ability to easily access your own healthcare records.
3. At the 24-minute mark of the podcast, there is a discussion about leveraging your existing CMS, as content is more easily discoverable.
4. At the 32-minute mark of the podcast, there is a discussion about how commerce will soon be flourishing by voice – this year. Jeff gave some examples and noted how stored credit cards are now easily accessed by voice, which solves the problem of how to pay. Both Amazon Pay & Google Pay now permit third-parties to make transactions using their services – this is a game-changer. At the 51-minute mark, Jeff delves deeper into examples of what companies are doing now.
5. Jeff predicted an eventual boom in the use of voice for commerce, similar to how it has evolved for the Web (lots of doubters at first, then some slow movement – and then eventually more than most would have thought possible). Some although some companies might start with voice for engagement purposes, they eventually will likely migrate to voice commerce too.
6. Jeff noted how many of us want human-like interactions, but not with an actual human. Ain’t that the truth!